Saturday, September 15, 2012

Preschool, Brothers & Halloween Bark

To end our summer, me and the boys went to Plainview for 10 days.  Tim had to work and didn't get to go and we missed him, as did everyone.  Hopefully he can go next time even if for just a few days!  I have been trying to load pictures on here from the trip but am having a hard time with it.  I am going to try again tonight and see if it will work.  We had so much fun and I have so many pictures to put up.  The boys played non stop for 10 days!!!  We were able to spend a lot of time with family and just play and relax.  We were able to be there for Ashton and Stella's birthday party and Ashton's actual birthday!  I loved watching the cousins play and have so much fun!  We got back on a Wednesday and Hudsen started preschool the next day!  That's right, Hudsen is in preschool.  It's still weird for me to think that he is old enough for preschool.  We found the best little Lutheran church for his preschool.  It is two days a week and they say the pledge every morning, pray before snack time and have a bible lesson every Thursday!  His class is small (10 kids including him) so it's a lot of one on one time.  It's been rough at drop off but he is fine by the time I get to the car and says that he has fun when we pick him up.  Nolen got a little sad the first day but I think it will be good for him too.  He will get to have time that is just his own!  So, there it is, I have a preschooler!  Nolen is growing too!  He picked up a few more words while in Plainview and since we have been back.  I think he is getting some more teeth too.  Both boys are just still so sweet and loving and still so different but we love them both and are enjoying watching them grow!  Here are a few pictures from our last couple of weeks!
 
 
1st day of preschool, 9-6-12!  Fully equipped with Spiderman lunchbox and backpack.  Thank you Nanny!!

At school getting ready to walk in!
 
 
We did it, we dropped brother off and then went to the grocery store to pass the time!

Sweet brothers! 

Nolen in Hudsen's boots that we brought back from Ashton!  He loves to put on Hudsen's shoes!

Today having a sucker!
At the dr yesterday for Nolen's 18 month check and a sick visit for Hudsen!  Nolen weighed 23 lbs 14 oz and was 33 inches and healthy.  He had to have 2 shots but was fine after he got a sucker!  Hudsen has a cold but is doing much better after getting some medicine.  He weighed 38.5 lbs and was 42 inches.  Hudsen goes back in December for his 4 year old check and Nolen goes back in February for his 2 year old check!  They are growing too fast!
 
 
I know I say this a lot, but I LOVE pinterest!!  I went on today because I knew I had pinned some new recipes and wanted to look at them for next week's menu.  I also wanted to look at the fall and Halloween pins I had.  I found one for a Halloween bark.  I pinned it thinking it would  be a good gift at Halloween time.  I wanted to try it first before giving it to people.  I always like to try things before I make them and give them as gifts or take them to a get together.  So, I made this today!  It was so easy and fun to make!  The boys and I just tried it and it was really good too!!  Definitely going to make again at Halloween time!
 
 
Line cookie sheet with wax paper.  Crush oreos and pretzel sticks and scatter on wax paper.  Then scatter candy corn and melt a pound of white chocolate or almond bark, drizzle on top and top with more candy corn and halloween sprinkles!  Let cool and break apart!


The finished product while cooling!  I think this will look so cute wrapped up in little bags with halloween ribbon!



So that's us this last week.  Hopefully I can get our pictures from Plainview up and write about that!  Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment