Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Artwork

I found this idea on pinterest where you take a canvas, tape the child's name on it and then let them paint it.  My canvas was not big enough for their name so I just put their initial.  We did this last night and what fun it was!  The boys had so much fun painting and we now have a priceless piece of art from both of them!  I was originally going to hang these beautiful art pieces in our hallway upstairs.  Two nights ago I was laying in bed and looking around our room.  We don't have a lot of decor in our room, it seems to be the last room we think about.  So I decided to hang them in our room above our bed!  I can't wait to hang them today!  Our next project this week is to color eggs with kool-aid, another pinterest idea!!!!!
 
Just getting started!  I did their handprint first and then just told them to paint away but they had to stay away from their handprint!

Hudsen getting started!

Nolen getting started!

Nolen had a blast!  He got to be messy and he loved it!

Little painters!

Hudsen loved this project! 


I thought I would just help a little but quickly learned they didn't need my help!  They were doing great on their own!

Hudsen's getting close to being done!

Nolen's almost finished!

Hudsen is finished!!

Nolen had already gone in to take a bath because he had paint everywhere!

Our little artists!  Thank you Hudsen and Nolen for a fun night and for the beautiful art pieces for our room!

Their handprint is their signature but I did put their name, date and age at the bottom!!  I had been planning on doing this for a long time but was always afraid of how we would do it and the mess!  I have learned that a mess can always be cleaned and outside is a perfect place for lots of things!!!  So glad I didn't wait too long and forget about the idea!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Love this, Krysha!!! I am sooo going to steal this idea and do it with Cameron! :) Your boys are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do Lindley! I am so glad that I did it! They look great hanging over our bed! Thank you very much! We are truly blessed! Your Cameron is so so sweet and growing so fast! Hope y'all had a great Easter!

      Delete