Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dining Chairs

I have to start by saying that I follow a blog called All Things Thrifty! I have been following it for a while and always think that everything she does is so cute! I have always wanted to find a piece of furniture to re-do! In comes these two cute dining room chairs!

Some people moved out of a house in our neighborhood and they left A LOT of furniture on the curb! So, yes I was that weird girl that drove across the street to see what I could find! I found these two chairs and a chest!! There was a really cute little chair but I couldn't find anyone that was willing to help me tackle that project! I had so much fun working on these chairs and can't wait to do some more re-finishing! All Things Thrifty gives step by step tutorials for everything so it was not difficult at all!!! If you want to see any of the fun things that inspired me just click on the blog link on the right side of my blog!

Enjoy and please ignore the messy garage!
The Start!





















Primed and ready to be painted!
























Painted and ready to be glazed! It only took one coat of paint!






















Tah-Dah!!! The finished product!



















I still have one more to finish! I used Krylon spray paint primer and Krylon Almond Gloss spray paint. Then I used Behr glaze with black paint! So so so easy and fun!!!!






I am totally hooked on refinishing furniture!!! On to my next one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment